aboutfreebieshoplinksparty ideas

2010-02-10

♥ cooking school: hummus


I'm going on holiday next days so I wanna leave to you a special recipe I love: Hummus.
It is quite popular throughout the Middle East and Northern Africa but also in Europe especially in London (where I tasted it first). Usually I eat it with pita but it's also great with raw carrots, celery, and cauliflower. My version is spicier than most (I love chilli pepper, you know!!) and uses more lemon juice than most. This recipe is from an elderly Lebanese woman so I'm sure enought it's good.
As you can notice it's really easy to make: preparetion time takes around 10 minutes and trust me it's a delicacy.

Ingredients:
♥ 1 16 oz. can chick peas; drained and well-rinsed
♥ 1/4 c tahini (sesame paste)
♥ 2 lg. cloves garlic; chopped
♥ 5 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about two lemons)
♥ 1/5 cup olive oil
♥ 1 tsp. coarse salt
♥ 1 tsp. ground cumin
♥ 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
♥ 1/5 cup warm water

Preparation:

1. Place all ingredients except water in a food processor and process for about 2 minutes.

2. Remove lid and scrape down sides. Add water and process briefly again. Scrape down sides. The mixture should be somewhat coarse and not quite runny. Add a bit more water if needed.

3. Refrigerate for four hours to allow flavors to meld. The consistency will thicken to a firm paste.

Enjoy your hummus.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails